Rugs are a great way to add warmth and style to your flooring. They can also provide a welcome barrier between you and the cold hardwood floors of winter. But, what if you have high ceilings? What if you have a family member with allergies that is sensitive to dust mites? Or, what if you just want something that is extra large? Luckily, there are plenty of options for all of these! Here are some tips on how to find the perfect extra large plush area rugs for your home.
Extra-large area rugs are huge and plush and can feel a lot like your own personal living room on your floor. When you purchase an extra-large plush area rug, you won’t have to worry about dust or allergies. It can be very relaxing, even in the most cluttered of homes. One size doesn’t fit all though. Always measure your room before deciding on a specific size. You may find it more fitting to have a smaller area rug or two, depending on the amount of space.
They are more durable than smaller plush rugs
Purchasing a large area rug can be a costly investment. However, the added durability makes this one of the best choices if you plan to use it a lot. You can find extra-large plush area rugs that are durable up to 6 times their size. A good choice would be one with a heavy weave, extra-large area, and extra-large stuffing. One that has been well used will be well-loved and valued, even after it has outlived its initial purpose.
Another bonus is that larger rugs will also cover more area (wider!) as you stand in front of them. Wide variety of styles Many are simply adorable, even if they are worn out. Or, they can look like they could have been commissioned by a cat. Sometimes, that special rug can have a special story attached to it that might make you want to have it in your own home.
They often have a higher pile height
You may not realize it, but a high pile gives a rug extra coverage to protect your hardwood floors. You can purchase one of these rugs that are extra-large so that you can cover an area much larger than a standard room rug. This provides an even layer to the floor that will protect your floors.
They provide an extra layer of security Most of us have experienced the feeling of walking in a room and getting dirt or dust under our feet. If you have larger rugs, it will help to shield your feet from the hard flooring.
This also helps to protect your flooring from wear and tear caused by walking. Extra padding is great to improve your flooring When you have the extra-large amount of padding, your floor will be able to handle the weight of your furniture.
They are great for high ceilings
Many of the large plush area rugs that are out there are large enough to comfortably cover your entire floor, including the upper part of your ceiling. Some of the rugs that are a few feet in diameter have been tested to withstand even 20 pounds, which is roughly the weight of a three-year-old child! Some of the best deals are on the large sizes, as the small ones don’t have enough size to cover an entire room. They are so large that you can set a footstool in front of them The large plush area rugs may be large enough to cover a large area, but you will probably not have a comfortable spot to sit down comfortably on the carpet. That’s where the mini-supportive pillows come in. To give the illusion of a larger area rug, you can pick up some cool cushions.
What You Should Consider When Looking For Your Rug
One thing that you can’t really discount when considering extra large rug sizes is that they are extra-large. Some people have a range of sizes of what is considered to be large, depending on their personal preference.
When searching for a rug, some of the main things you should keep in mind are: The Size Size matters! More is not always better. There are some large rugs that actually look as if you’re sitting on the carpet instead of in it. The truth is that extra large rugs usually cost more and take up a lot more space.
So, make sure you take the time to read the size requirements first! The Fiber When you are looking for an extra large rug, it’s important to look for one made with natural materials.
The size of the rug
Some families have a lot of space to work with. If you have a large apartment, you might find that a few extra large area rugs are just right. If you have a small house or a room with some loft space, you might need to get one that is a little smaller, to make sure it fits under your furniture.
If you are looking for extra-large, large is a good choice. Just make sure that your home is big enough for it. You can also opt for small, medium, or extra-large depending on how large of a space your family or pet plays in. Colors A bold rug can really make the room pop.
For a wide variety of colors, you can choose an area rug made out of cowhide or synthetic materials. If you have a color scheme that you really like, go for an area rug that coordinates with it.
How much traffic you want it to be able to handle
While the size of your home is important, you don’t want it to be so big that your guests are running over each other to get from room to room. It should be big enough for a coat and a small bag, but still roomy enough for walking comfortably.
Here is another tip: It might be nice to have a rug that can be arranged in different ways. For example, if you have a corner where you like to sit and watch TV, a square rug with a clear base will work well. If your living room space is a little larger, you may like to opt for a rectangular rug that would allow you to create a triangle from corners to the middle of the flooring.
Take note of where you plan on putting your rug An extra large area rug with a clean pattern will also look great if you plan on placing it in the middle of a room.
extra large plush area rugs - our top picks
Unique Loom Plush Area Rug
- Pile: Polypropylene – Backing: Cotton – Weave: Machine Woven – Made In: Turkey
- Size in FT: 10′ 0 x 13′ 0 – Size in CM: 305 x 395 – Pile Height and Thickness: 1.5″ – Colors: Cloud Gray
- Easy-to-clean, stain resistant, and does not shed – rug pad recommended to prevent slipping and sliding
- Easy to clean, just follow these instructions: Spot clean with resolve or carpet cleaner, and regular vacuum, but don’t use the beater bar – spinning brush – on the vacuum – suction-only or take it outside and shake it out – dry immediately and evenly
- In case of creases – roll the rug in the opposite direction, while applying pressure to the rug – take the edge, flip it where there is a crease, and slowly pull the rug back, while applying downward pressure on the crease
GKLUCKIN Ultra Soft Area Rug,
- The GKLUCKIN area rug comes with a velvet feeling surface and a dense sponge layer in the middle that provides high-level coziness as it is very soft to the touch. It’s ideal to keep your feet warm from cold hardwood floors or for your kids to lie on it comfortably while playing. Also, a great gift for your family, friends, or lovers at Christmas.
- Feature 1.57-inch-long pile, 450 GSM High-density shag carpet surface, the GKLUCKIN fluffy area rug is incredibly plush and furry. Hardly sheds carpet fibers! This fuzzy area rug provides a rest space for your family to release their body and mind after a busy day. Perfect to decor your rooms.
- Tiny, durable grip dots on the underside of the area rug are designed to hold up without sliding, even with kids and pets. Plus, it helps to soothe achy muscles and tired feet!
- Have peace of mind knowing that even in high-trafficked areas of your home, your GKLUCKIN area rug was designed to last for years to come! Friendly for kids and pets!
SAFAVIEH Hudson Shag Collection
- Expertly machine-woven from enhanced soft synthetic durable fibers that have a virtually non-shedding pile for ultimate convenience
- Features a 2-inch thick pile height for just the right amount of cozy cushioned softness underfoot
- Trellis design beautifully enhances any room of the home, from the living room, dining room, bedroom, entryway, nursery, kid’s room, playroom, dorm room, study, or home office
- Stress-free cleaning includes regular vacuuming (without a beater bar) and gently blotting out minor stains with a mild detergent or carpet cleaner
nuLOOM Soft & Plush Area Rug
- 100% Polypropylene
- 100% Polypropylene, made in Turkey
- Create a comfortably textured foundation for your room with this cozy shag rug. Each piece is machine made of plush polypropylene fibers, prized for their durability and resistance to stains
- This plush cozy shag pile is perfect for your bedroom, living room or hallway
- This simple yet chic geometric pattern will make a perfect addition to existing contemporary décor
- Easy to care for, we recommend vacuuming regularly to reduce potential shedding and spot cleaning any stains with rug cleaner
Rugs are a great way to spruce up your home. A rug can refresh your living room, add warmth to the bedroom, and bring coziness and style to the hallway. They can also protect your floors and improve air quality!
When you’re shopping for area rugs, it’s important to consider what kind of rug will work best in each room. There are so many different sizes and styles available that it can be hard to figure out which one is right for you. This guide will teach you everything you need to know about choosing the perfect rug for every room of your house!